IPL 2024 Match 20, MI vs DC – Match Prediction

Mumbai Indians vs Delhi Capitals

Preview – MI vs DC

As the IPL 2024 heats up, the match 20 between Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals on 7 April at the iconic Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, stands out. During their last meeting, both teams displayed formidable cricket, so this rematch is highly anticipated. In a thrilling contest, MI has a 52% win probability over DC, who has a 48% win probability. Both teams are in exceptional form, with most of their key players in outstanding form, with recent auctions further strengthening their line-ups, creating an epic cricketing spectacle.

MI vs DC Match Details

Match Details
MatchMumbai Indians vs Delhi Capitals, IPL 2024
VenueWankhede Stadium, Mumbai
Date & TimeSunday, April 7, 3:30 PM (IST)
Live Broadcast and Streaming Details1.VIJAYBET members enjoy free live streaming
2.Star Sports Channels, Jio Cinema App and Website

MI vs DC Chance of Winning

MI vs DC
Mumbai IndiansDelhi Capitals

MI vs DC Today Match Prediction Cricket Betting Tips

  • Mumbai Indians
    • The Mumbai Indians, with a storied history of success in the IPL, including multiple championships, are a powerhouse. Known for their strategic gameplay and depth in both batting and bowling, MI is always a strong contender. In IPL 2024, with a win probability of 52%, they’re considered favorites against the Delhi Capitals. Their strength lies in their balanced team composition, led by captain Rohit Sharma, and the lethal bowling attack spearheaded by Jasprit Bumrah. However, their reliance on star players for match-winning performances could be seen as a vulnerability. Bettors should watch for MI’s ability to leverage their home ground advantage at Wankhede Stadium, where conditions can favor both batsmen and bowlers at different stages of the game.
  • Delhi Capitals
    • Delhi Capitals have shown a lot of promise in recent IPL seasons, transforming into a competitive side that can take on the challenge against any team. With a win probability of 48% against MI, they’re the underdogs, but their aggressive cricketing style and hunger for victory make them unpredictable. Their squad, bolstered by young talent and guided by experienced internationals like Rishabh Pant and Kagiso Rabada, has a well-rounded attack. DC’s key to success will be their ability to adapt to the pitch conditions at Wankhede, which can offer assistance to their spinners in the latter part of the game. Their potential weaknesses might include an inconsistent middle order, which they need to address to enhance their chances of winning.

MI vs DC Head-to-Head Record

The competition between Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals is always a highlight of IPL 2024, thanks to their history of tight matches and standout performances. Throughout their 32 encounters, MI has secured 17 wins, while DC has clinched victory in 15 games, highlighting the competitive nature of their matchups. A head-to-head record like this reflects not just the strength of the teams, but also the evolution of their strategies and the outstanding performances that have characterized their matches.

Notably, matches between these two have produced iconic cricketing moments, such as Rohit Sharma’s consistent contributions for MI and Rishabh Pant’s explosive innings for DC, showcasing the impact of individual brilliance. Their encounters are known for memorable moments, whether it’s a key innings or a crucial wicket, highlighting the impact star players can have. In key IPL matches, such as the one in which MI defeated DC to claim their fifth title in 2020, the stakes involved when these two teams compete are immense. As they gear up to face off again, fans are in for another exciting match, promising good cricket and maybe even some surprises.

Cricket Teams Preview of the Match

  • Mumbai Indians
    • Rohit Sharma, Ishan Kishan, Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, Hardik Pandya (C), Tim David, Mohammad Nabi , Piyush Chawla, Gerald Coetzee, Jasprit Bumrah, Jason Behrendorff 
  • Delhi Capitals
    • Prithvi Shaw, David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Rishabh Pant (C), Harry Brook, Axar Patel, Lalit Yadav, Kuldeep Yadav, Mukesh Kumar, Anrich Nortje, Khaleel Ahmed

Weather Conditions

The weather report shows it’s going to be a really warm and sunny day with temperatures reaching up to 34°C. It’s not expected to rain at all. The air’s going to have some moisture in it—about 40% humidity—and there’ll be a gentle wind blowing at 23 kilometers per hour. For the next few days, the daytime temperature will stay around 30 degrees and cool down to the mid or high 20s after the sun sets. For the cricket match, this means it’ll be quite hot, especially under the sun, which could affect the players, particularly when they’re out on the field for a long time. Since it’s not going to be rainy or very windy, the ball might not swing around much for the bowlers, and the pitch could get slower and harder to score on as the match goes on. The teams will have to think about this hot weather when they’re deciding their game plan, like whether they should bat or bowl first if they win the toss.

Venue and Pitch Conditions

The Wankhede Stadium, a storied venue in Mumbai, is famed for its pitch that favors batsmen, typically resulting in high-scoring games. While the pitch assists seamers in the early overs, the red soil composition means that spinners can also come into play, particularly in the latter stages of the game. Since the reconstruction of the stands for the 2011 World Cup, the impact of the sea breeze has lessened, slightly reducing the swing for pace bowlers. Nonetheless, the Wankhede remains a ground where batsmen can thrive, and bowlers need to be smart with their variations.


Considering the historical data and the nature of the Wankhede Stadium pitch, I believe the Mumbai Indians stand a good chance of coming out on top in their upcoming fixture against the Delhi Capitals. Mumbai’s track record at this ground, coupled with their balanced team and the pitch’s propensity to reward both batters and bowlers, tilts the scales in their favor. It’s safe to say that their ability to handle the conditions and key players who tend to rise to the occasion are giving them an edge in what is expected to be another thrilling chapter in IPL 2024.