IPL 2024 Match 62, RCB vs DC – Match Prediction

RCB vs DC: IPL 2024 Match 62 on May 12 at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium. See why RCB is favored over DC. Get key match details, team insights, and head-to-head records.

Preview – RCB vs DC

Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) face Delhi Capitals (DC) on May 12, 2024, at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in IPL 2024. RCB, led by Faf du Plessis, has a 55% win probability over DC’s 45%. Both teams have performed well post-auction, with RCB winning their last encounter. Key players include RCB’s Virat Kohli and DC’s Rishabh Pant.

RCB vs DC Match Details

Match Details
MatchRoyal Challengers Bengaluru Vs Delhi Capitals, IPL 2024
VenueM. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
Date & TimeSunday, May 12, 7:30 PM (IST)
Live Broadcast and Streaming Details1. VIJAYBET members enjoy free live streaming
2. Star Sports Channels, Jio Cinema App and Website

RCB vs DC Chance of Winning

Royal Challengers BengaluruDelhi Capitals

RCB vs DC Today Match Prediction Cricket Betting Tips

  • Royal Challengers Bengaluru
    • Led by Faf du Plessis, RCB features key players like Virat Kohli and Glenn Maxwell. Kohli’s consistent form and Maxwell’s all-round skills are crucial. Mohammed Siraj’s effective bowling strengthens the team, but their middle order is inconsistent. For success, RCB needs solid middle-order contributions and strong death bowling.
  • Delhi Capitals
    • Under Rishabh Pant’s leadership, DC boasts explosive openers, David Warner and Prithvi Shaw. Pant’s aggressive captaincy and batting are pivotal, supported by Anrich Nortje’s pace and Kuldeep Yadav’s spin. However, their middle order struggles under pressure. DC must improve middle-order performance and maintain disciplined bowling to counter RCB.

RCB vs DC Head-to-Head Record

RCB has historically dominated DC, often winning key encounters with strong top-order starts and effective death bowling. Notable matches include their commanding win in the last game, led by Virat Kohli’s century, and a thrilling chase in 2023. Meanwhile, DC has had mixed results but notable victories, such as a decisive win in 2022 thanks to Prithvi Shaw’s aggressive innings. DC’s success usually comes from early breakthroughs and effective spin bowling, exploiting RCB’s middle-order weaknesses. Consistency remains a challenge for DC in these matchups.

Cricket Teams Preview of the Match

  • Royal Challengers Bengaluru
    • Faf du Plessis (c), Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, Rajat Patidar, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Mahipal, Lomror, Cameron Green, Mohammed Siraj, Reece Topley, Karn Sharma, Lockie Ferguson
  • Delhi Capitals
    • Rishabh Pant (c、wk), David Warner, Prithvi Shaw, Mitchell Marsh, Harry Brook, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Anrich Nortje, Lungi Ngidi, Khaleel Ahmed, Ishant Sharma

Weather Conditions

The weather forecast for Bengaluru on 12th May predicts clear skies with no rain expected, ensuring a full game. The temperature is set to be around 28°C with moderate humidity, which could affect bowlers in the latter part of the match.

Venue and Pitch Conditions

The M. Chinnaswamy Stadium is known for its batting-friendly pitch, with short boundaries favoring high-scoring matches. Spinners might find some assistance in the second innings due to the dew factor. Recent matches suggest that teams winning the toss may prefer to bat first to capitalize on the dry pitch conditions early on.


I predict Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) will win this IPL 2024 match against Delhi Capitals (DC). RCB’s strong top-order, led by Virat Kohli and Glenn Maxwell, along with Mohammed Siraj’s effective death bowling, gives them an advantage. While DC has powerful openers and a solid bowling attack, their middle-order inconsistency is a concern. Given RCB’s historical success over DC and the batting-friendly pitch at M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, RCB is favored to win.