India vs Bangladesh
IND vs BAN
Asia Cup 2023 TODAY MATCH PREDICTION
Sep 15, 2023 | 15:00 | R.Premadasa Stadium – Colombo, Sri Lanka
India vs Bangladesh Chance of Winning
|Cricket Team – Super Fours
|Chance of Winning
|Probability of a Tie
|Last 5 completed ODIs
IND VS BAN Today Match Prediction & Cricket Betting Tips
IND VS BAN: In the vibrant city of Colombo, as the Asia Cup 2023 unfolds its thrilling chapters, the cricketing world sets its eyes on the much-anticipated clash between India and Bangladesh. While India has already showcased their dominance by defeating Sri Lanka, ensuring their spot in the grand finale, Bangladesh’s journey has been a roller-coaster. Their aspirations of reaching the final were curtailed post India’s triumph over Sri Lanka.
Now, the fate of the final spot hinges on the outcome of the Pakistan vs Sri Lanka match. If the heavens decide to open up and the match faces an abandonment, Sri Lanka, with their superior net run-rate, will find themselves facing India in the ultimate showdown on Sunday. Today’s match, though not a decider for the finalists, promises to be a spectacle of cricketing prowess, passion, and the indomitable spirit of the game.
IND VS BAN Winning Probability
• India: 55%
India’s balanced team composition and the form of key players like Virat Kohli and Shubman Gill make them strong contenders. Their recent victories and the depth in their batting and bowling units add to their chances.
• Bangladesh: 40%
Given their recent form and the performance of key players like Towhid Hridoy and Shoriful Islam, they have the potential to put up a good fight. However, the absence of Mushfiqur Rahim might be a setback.
• Probability of a Tie: 5%
Cricket is an unpredictable game, and given the pressure of the Asia Cup 2023 and the close competition between the teams, a tie cannot be ruled out.
Head to Head (Last 5 Matches)
Considering the head-to-head stats, Pakistan seems to have an upper hand with more victories in their last five encounters against Sri Lanka.
- India won by 227 runs, 10-Dec-2022
- Bangladesh won by 5 runs, 07-Dec-2022
- Bangladesh won by 1 wicket (with 24 balls remaining), 04-Dec-2022
- India won by 28 runs, 02-Jul-2019
- India won by 3 wickets (with 0 balls remaining), 28-Sep-2018
Previous Asia Cup Performances
India Cricket Team
India has been in sublime form in this Asia Cup, having already secured their place in the finals. Their top order has been firing consistently, and the team seems to be ticking all the right boxes. Their recent victory over Bangladesh by a massive margin of 227 runs in the One-Day International format further boosts their confidence. Given their current form and the momentum they carry, India’s chances of winning are quite high.
From secrets behind bowling brilliance to that superb catch & more 👌 👌— BCCI (@BCCI) September 13, 2023
In conversation with @imkuldeep18 & @surya_14kumar after #TeamIndia's win over Sri Lanka in Super 4s 👍 👍 – By @RajalArora
FULL INTERVIEW 🎥 🔽 #AsiaCup2023 | #INDvSL https://t.co/xlAIq9qIqj pic.twitter.com/sVl7y7L50b
Bangladesh Cricket Team
Bangladesh, on the other hand, has underperformed in this tournament. They have already been eliminated from the tournament, and the absence of key player Mushfiqur Rahim due to injury further dents their chances. However, cricket is a game of uncertainties, and Bangladesh, on their day, can surprise any team.
Asia Cup 2023 Team Squad and Key Players
India Team Squad
|Rohit Sharma (c), Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul, Shubman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav, Tilak Varma, Ishan Kishan, Hardik Pandya (vc), Ravindra Jadeja, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Mohammed Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav, Prasidh Krishna, Sanju Samson (travelling reserve)
Indial Key Player
- Shubman Gill: Gill has been in terrific form, scoring 337 runs in his last 10 matches. His ability to play both pace and spin makes him a key player at the top.
- Kuldeep Yadav: The spinner has been India’s go-to bowler in the middle overs, picking up 20 wickets in his last 10 matches.
Bangladesh Team Squad
|Shakib Al Hasan (c), Litton Das, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Towhid Hridoy, Mushfiqur Rahim, Afif Hossain Dhrubo, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Hasan Mahmud, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam, Nasum Ahmed, Shak Mahedi Hasan, Naim Sheikh, Shamim Hossain, Tanzid Hasan Tamim, Tanzim Hasan Sakib
Bangladesh Key Player: Bazam
- Towhid Hridoy: With 301 runs in the last 10 matches, Hridoy is a top-order batter who can anchor the innings and play the big shots when required.
- Shoriful Islam: The pacer has picked up 14 wickets in his last 7 matches and will be crucial in providing early breakthroughs.
Pitch and Conditions – R Premadasa Stadium
The R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo is known for its batting-friendly wickets. The pitch is expected to be a belter, with high scores on the cards. Spinners might get some assistance as the match progresses. Teams batting second have had an advantage due to the dew factor in the evening.
Weather Condition – Mostly Cloudy
Afternoon of September 15th, the weather presents a temperature of 32°C. Conditions in the sky lean towards mostly cloudy, with a chance of a few thunderstorms in the vicinity. The wind blows steadily from the south-southwest at a speed of 17 km/h, occasionally gusting up to 35 km/h. Humidity levels are moderate at 73%, with a dew point of 25°C, indicating the presence of moisture in the air. There is a 65% probability of precipitation, with 3.2 mm of rain already recorded and a similar amount expected.
The sky is predominantly covered by clouds, with cloud cover estimated at around 89%. Visibility remains at a reasonable 6 km, offering decent clarity despite the cloud cover. As you go about your afternoon, please be prepared for the possibility of thunderstorms and sporadic rainfall.
Pressure and Match Situation
- India: India has been in sublime form. Their recent victories against Sri Lanka and Pakistan showcase their dominance. The team looks balanced, and with the likes of Shubman Gill and Ishan Kishan in top form, they are expected to put up a strong show. However, the pressure of maintaining their winning streak in the tournament can’t be ignored.
- Bangladesh: Bangladesh has had a mixed bag in the Super Four stage. Their recent performance shows a loss against Sri Lanka but a commendable win against Afghanistan. However, they faced a setback with the absence of Mushfiqur Rahim, who will miss the game against India due to personal reasons. This puts added pressure on the top order, especially with players like Litton Das and Mohammad Naim expected to step up.
Considering all factors, including team form, player performances, and pitch conditions, predicting a clear winner is challenging. However, given India’s recent form and the balance of their squad, they seem to have a slight edge over Bangladesh. But in cricket, anything can happen, and Bangladesh, with their fighting spirit, can spring a surprise.